Engineering Office Manager
£40k to £42k
The Engineering Office Manager is responsible for organising and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure group engineering effectiveness and efficiency.
You will report to the Group Technical Director and will be responsible for providing office and engineering team management. This includes supervising office staff and maintaining office systems and robust engineering procedures.
- Design and implement office policies
- Establish standards and procedures
- Organize office operations, procedures and CAD server housekeeping policies
- Supervise office staff
- Evaluation and review of staff performance
- Identification of staff training requirements
- Maintain and specify office equipment and CAD software
- Selection and recruitment of office staff
- Interpreting and analysing group sales & design office requirements, with creation of workInstruction for engineering office members.
- Manage and deliver Group engineering output, producing efficient, accurate design solutionsMeeting specification, programme and commercial targets
- Assisting project and programme management in managing delivery against plans to ensureall requirements are met, and that actions are taken in a timely and effective manner in response to any issues or problems.
- Work closely with group departmental heads
- Review time sheets and manage project hours
- Writing reports and documentation
- Providing technical advice, liaison with internal & external stakeholders, clients, and the MoD.
- Flexible to travel in the UK and overseas as and when required
- Degree Qualified in Naval Architecture or Mechanical and Production engineering,
- Excellent technical skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and great leadership abilities
- Dynamic and motivated with strong commercial awareness and sound judgement
- Ability to remain motivated and provide support to other team members and departments
- Excellent team working and leadership skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills for dealing with people both within andoutside the engineering profession
- Experienced in dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Proficient with 2D/3D CAD software, ideally Solidworks
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Results oriented approach with good analytical and organisation