- Managing multiple Research & Development projects from conception to delivery, ensuring that projects are delivered to budget, timescales and cost targets.
- Manage teams across global sites to achieve project goals, ensuring that the project team are motivated and focused helping to achieve clearly defined targets and deliverables.
- Ensuring that all teams and resources are managed effectively and efficiently.
- You and your team will establish and maintain strong communication channels and relationships with other departments, internal stakeholders and third party groups in order to accomplish project goals.
- Definition and ownership of product specifications, design verification plans and timing plans ensuring that needs of key stakeholders are met and identifying and unblocking any road blocks on the way.
- Chair regular project meetings with your team and report project status at regular project review meetings with Senior Management.
- Show a strong lead into the input and development of the project management processes ensuring continuous improvement.
- Take the lead when training junior engineers in the delivery of technical projects
- Be willing to deputise for the Group Engineering Project Manager as and when required.
Education & ExperienceEssential Requirements
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in engineering project management
- Proven track record of new product introduction.
- Knowledge of and proficient in the use of project management software packages such as Microsoft Project or similar.
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing/Engineering principles.
- Experience working in a fast moving environment and be able to demonstrate good time management and organisational skills.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate they have undertaken personal professional development during their career
The candidate will ideally have worked in an industry supplying machinery for use in a high production environment - automotive, aerospace,