Russell Taylor are delighted to offer this fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Stores and Sales Assistant to join our client a globally recognised brand to help build on their success. This this role you will be given full product knowledge with some fantastic hands on experience. We are looking for candidates who are strong communicators and have the ability take on product knowledge so that you can build client relationships and advises on solutions or other products available. We want candidate who enjoy going the extra mile to exceed their customer's expectations and over archive on targets.
In your new role your duties will be
To develop good relationships with your customers, visiting their sites when appropriate, and liaising with the Sales team to ensure that customers' needs are met.
You will also assist with the day to day running of Parts Department to ensure that you have a working knowledge of the parts operation and how to overcome logistical challenges. This would include;
- working with service colleagues to arrange parts deliveries
- stock management
- ordering parts via online catalogue
- liaising with our Engineers who support our customers all over the country
- processing warranty returns
Detailed training will be given by your colleagues and our specialised training team, who have recently developed a bespoke training programme for our parts staff. This includes familiarisation sessions with
the wide range of plant machinery that we provide and support, as well as some technical instruction to improve your understanding of how this equipment works.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who is able to work independently. Once you have gained an understanding of our processes and procedures, you will be supported in developing our parts business further, working closely with senior management to achieve the best standards of service in the industry.
Your Essential Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus and good interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated 'can do' attitude
- Enjoy working to targets and achieving goals
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A good standard of Maths and English (Grade 4/5 at GCSE or Equivalent)
- Full Driving Licence
Your Desirable Skills
- Previous experience in a target driven sales environment
- Previous experience in a Parts Department
- Previous knowledge or experience within Plant Machinery, Construction or Engineering stores
- Some automotive or other mechanical experience