Role: - Environmental Test Technician
Location: - Dudley
Salary: - Competitive basic salary
Additional Info: - You will work towards an MCERT qualification over the course of 2.5 years, during this time you will receive pay increments at each stage.
Would you like a role in Environmental Science where you can gain a certified qualification alongside pay enhancements whilst being trained? If so, then this is the role for you!
You do not have to any previous experience in the industry, but a background or education within environmental science would be preferred. You will be provided with full on-site training which will lead too quick career progression.
This is a field- based role so you will be on the road at project sites to assist regional environmental field services in Stack Emissions testing and will have to attend a site in Reading when needed, but this will only be occasional.
- You will work closely with the team leader during on-site sampling and monitoring activities
- Drive to client sites- you will be provided with a company van to do this
- Site inductions
- Involvement in risk assessments
- Setting up equipment on site.
- Measure emission levels.
- Collation of site information relating to the process activities.
- Communication with customer contacts.
- Calibrations, repair, and maintenance of testing equipment
- Maintain stock
- Handling and cargo of samples to the labs.
- Maintenance of records in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Educated within the Science field- Environmental Science, Geography, Conservation
- Interested in Environmental Science/Monitoring.
- Ability to deal with heavy equipment/some manual work.
- Enjoy working outdoors and at heights.
- A full driving license is essential as extensive travel will be involved which will also include overnight stays sometimes.