My Client is a multi-discipline Engineering & Construction company, operating withing the Energy, Oil & Gas, Water & Process sectors.
Due to significant and continual growth our client is seeking to appoint a Cvils Estimator for their Southampton office.
Applicants should have a background of working within the civil engineering or construction sectors and we are open to applications either from individuals who are currently working as Estimators or from those who are keen to develop a career in Estimating and have a civil engineering background.
Working as part of a team and reporting into the Estimating Manager, duties include but are not limited to;
- Reviewing tender documents
- Producing technical and commercial submissions that are accurately priced, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within the required timescales
- Managing all stages of the tendering process from receipt of enquiry through to the return of the completed tender
- Liaising with clients and Consultants, Designers & Supply Chain as required
- Take off from drawings/specifications to produce a bill of quantities/schedule of rates
- Attending meetings with clients, subcontractors, senior management and team members
- Visiting sites as necessary
- Assisting with Planning & Programming
- Producing enquiry documents for subcontractors and materials to compare
- HNC/HND/BSc/BEng in an industry-related subject
- Background in Civil Engineering or construction
- Working knowledge of Conquest would be useful but not essential