Estimator - Housing
Salary £45,000 - £65,000 + Company Package
My client are one of the UK's largest house builders and an excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced estimator to join their team in the Manchester area.
The ideal Estimator must be well experienced in preparing cost plans for appraisal of development and land opportunities. The successful Estimator will liaise with Land Department over current and future development opportunities, whilst preparing viability estimates of all construction costs. Reporting into the Technical Director, you will also assist the Commercial Manager with the preparation of pre-budget costs for sites.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Responding to tender related queries and preparing the calculations
- Preparing fully detailed contractors proposals alongside the commercial proposal
- Attending site meetings and supporting site teams
- Preparing handover packs for the operations team once tender won
- Pricing tenders utilising our present supply chain database and building up estimates from first principles
- Current CSCS card or equivalent
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Driving Licence
The ideal Estimator must have worked with in the housing industry with a minimum of 3 years' experience, ideally working for another national house builder. You must have strong communication and administration skills and although you will be working with in a team, you will also need to have the ability to work on your own projects from time to time.
My client offer a 'negotiable' salary, car allowance, pension, healthcare, death in service, 2 weeks off over Christmas period and buy back for extra days holiday during the year.
If you are interested in this position, then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you require any more information please call Lauren Adamson on 01517375560