I have an exciting position for an Estimator to join a reputable design and build contractor. This contractor work across a variety of sectors including, new builds, education, commercial, healthcare, and residential. Projects can vary in value from £3 million- £18 million and include both design and build and large refurbishments.
They are looking for an Estimator to join the team and work across their North West Schemes. Someone with a good background in delivering similar projects would be of particular interest.
The successful candidate will undertake the following duties:
- Reading construction drawings and measuring quantities
- Issuing detailed tender enquiries and then negotiating the most competitive tenders based on cost, programme and quality
- You will be placing subcontract orders and ensuring that they arrive on time and within budget
- Attend sub-contract and design team meetings
- Attending site weekly (or as required) to review issues including providing solutions and advice to ensure successful project completion
Skills and Knowledge required:
- The ability read and interpret drawings
- Negotiation, communication and time management skills
- Strong IT Knowledge
- Strong analytical pricing skills
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary and excellent benefits package. If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply and contact Jade Lear at Russell Taylor on 0151 737 5560 or send your CV over to email@example.com.