Estimator (Facades Construction & Manufacturing)
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems in to the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades however at such an exciting time they are now relocating their whole team to St Helens where they already have an established 'roofing' business, they are broadening their product range, expanding the facades and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment and tall buildings and have recently given this as their focus by setting up a stand-alone division.
They have invested heavily in this new division of facades, a new Board, new management and are now looking for an Technical Estimator to join this rapidly expanding business.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join a brand new team, utilise all of your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role
Your Main Function of Your Job
* Provide technical and cost advice to internal stakeholders;
* Price qualified tender enquiries in line with company policy and authority protocols;
* Provide costs for variation items;
* Detail potential value engineering options;
* Ensure bid compliance with CDM and Health and Safety requirements.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide technical advice and costs for multiple projects;
* Manage the bid process on tender enquiries;
* Produce reports explaining deviations from original estimates / designs / scope;
* Liaise with design and procurement teams to establish product costs;
* Regular communication with project managers to estimate installation costs;
* Review actual vs estimated costs to feed information back into future estimates;
* Liaise with clients to understand how bid fits with cost plan;
* Identify and validate potential cost saving initiatives;
* Mitigate commercial risk by submitting detailed itemised bids;
* Price variation items for ongoing projects;
* Assist the QS team with information to help administer contracts
Tools and Equipment You Will Use
* Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel etc)
* Bespoke Estimating software.
* Microsoft Dynamics.
* Ideally an H.N.D/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a Building Services Diploma.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a sub-contractor Estimating role; preferably in the preferably in the curtain walling, structural steel or facades sectors.
* Analytical - able to assess information in a variety and formats to derive optimum solutions;
* Numerate - capable of working with numbers to estimate quantities and calculate costs;
* Innovative - creativity to develop solutions that fulfil the technical and commercial brief;
* Technical competence - capability to digest and apply detailed technical information;
* Self-motivated to work on your own initiative and to foresee potential problems and solutions;
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with colleagues and other stakeholders.
* Depending on experience - £35,000- £50,000
* 25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
Hours of Work
* 8:30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
* 8:30am - 4:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all of your details and CV are thoroughly up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager