Export Sales Manager (Middle East / Far East / Asia)
Due to continued success and with a succession-plan in mind, we are delighted to be recruiting for a new and experienced Export Sales Manager to join our clients business. They are a leading manufacturer and global supplier of high performance raw materials into the FMCG arena.
Products are developed and designed to meet the specific needs of industries in some of the most demanding environments. Reporting to the General Manager and Head of Sales, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities within a global marketplace, in addition to managing the current export business.
This will require a proactive approach to finding new opportunities whilst maintaining excellent working relationship with established customers.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of global sales growth, through identifying and developing opportunities within both existing, and new/potential accounts.
Based within (or able to relocate to) the UK North West region, you will have a flexible approach to work as there will be a fairly considerable amount of business travel required to manage and develop the global sales so an acceptance that this is not a 9 to 5 responsibility will be the key to success.
An understanding of the FMCG Manufacturing market is desirable as is good regional and cultural understanding.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Global Sales & Marketing Manager in account management and associated day to day sales / business development activities
- Maximise and develop to the full potential all export sales enquiries
- Day to day management of designated accounts in your specified territory
- Establish and maintain a sales forecast for designated customers and territories in line with the overall Business Plan
- Maintain customer records and plan effective and efficient overseas customer visits
- Maintain regular communication and market visits to provide support and training, agree strategies and objectives, hold planning and progress meetings and provide performance feedback.
- Ensure that customer standards and requirements are clearly understood and being met
- Establish, review, and maintain customer supply agreements and contracts
- Attend and participate in internal and external training and development modules establish and maintain relevant knowledge and skills
- Maintain an up to date proficiency in relevant aspects of technology, product knowledge, export processes and practices and sales opportunities
- Represent the company at overseas conferences and networking events where opportunities are identified.
Key Skills/ Attributes:
- Minimum 5 years B2B Export sales or account management experience in the FMCG, Chemicals or Plastics Industry
- A driven and highly motivated personality capable of hunting for new business in addition to managing key accounts in the global wholesale lubricants market
- Relevant degree qualification (Business, Marketing, Languages, Chemistry, Science or manufacturing)
- A demonstrable track record of business development, sales, and account management overseas
- Good commercial acumen with exceptional communication skills at all levels
- A knowledge or working experience of engineering or manufacturing processes would be advantageous
- You will have a good general understanding of lubricants and their applications
- Good financial awareness capable of producing quotations, proposals and reports.
- Must have a flexible approach to business travel
- Highly motivated with excellent time management, organisational, reporting skills
- Ability to work off your own initiative in addition to being a strong and effective team member
- Proven leadership qualities
- Currently based in or able to relocate to the Manchester/North west area
- Additional language skills are also highly desirable.
Remuneration: Attractive base salary, bonus, company car / allowance, pension, flexible holidays.
In addition to this you will have the opportunity to operate in a highly professional environment, in an exciting and rewarding industry, on a global scale.
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact information are all correct and your CV is thoroughly up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager