Are you a time server fabricator welder looking for the opportunity to progress you career? Do have experience of liaising with clients and building quotes? If yes and you would like to opportunity to be office based and support a fantastic team of fabricators and welders then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
In your new role and Fabrication Estimator you will be working with established customers discussing work requirements from drawings, samples and descriptions. With this information you will be building Quotations for them, ensure that they contains all adequate level of information, consisting of a clear description, what will be supplied and if applicable what is excluded or what may be charged as an extra etc.
Your daily duties will be:
- Agreeing the time scales and working hours with the production / planning manager and charge hands.
- Obtain quotations from suppliers for any materials / sub contracted elements required to carry out customers work, providing purchase order numbers for materials and services.
- Pricing of jobs under your control, maximising profitability and limiting losses wherever possible
- Maintaining responsibility for each job as required until payment is received
- Follow up on quotations to Customers using Epicor "open quotes" as a guide
- Ensure paperwork and procedures are up to date including, obtaining order numbers from Customers and ensure all relevant Health & Safety documentation is completed and submitted to the relevant people
- Participating in Project teams for large jobs.
- Working flexibly with other team members to ensure cover in times of absence / holidays.
- 23 day Holiday plus the bank holidays
- Pension contribution up to 4%
- Private healthcare after your first year
- Training and career development opportunities
- Onsite Parking
- Full use of company vehicle for customer visits
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Apprentice trained (e.g. tool maker, fabricator/welder, mechanical fitting)
- Workshop experience and (site work discipline dependent)
- Previous estimation/quotation/tender process