Facades Consultant (Global Facades Consultancy)
Liverpool / Manchester
£55,000 DOE plus Highly Competitive Package
We are thrilled to be recuiting our global cliet who are renowned facade experts, engineering specialists who know what it takes to make façades perform at their best. They can investigate and diagnose faults, give effective maintenance and replacement strategies and analyse compliance to make sure risks are manage, meet ambitious environmental standards - and get the best possible value for money.
Our client can help you with design, materials, manufacture and installation - then inspect and maintain façades throughout their lifetimes. They ensure you get the best balance between robustness, function, appearance and cost.
They embrace sustainability and the cradle-to-grave ethos, so will be able to mitigate the impact of new façades on the environment.
To be successful in your new role as our Facades Consultant you will have:
* 3- 5 years hands-on experience with facades/curtain walling
* Knowledge of building construction
* Knowledge of façade systems e.g. stick, unitised, SSG
* Conversant with all mainstream cladding materials
* Conversant with roofs and roofing materials
* Preference for possession of an MSc degree in Facade Engineering from Bath University or equivalent qualification
* Preference for structural/civil/mechanical engineering or similar background
* Ability to deal with all professionals and persons within the building industry, including Clients, Building Managers, Architects & designers, contractors, manufacturers etc.
Your Core Experience to include:
* Façade design principles
* Report and specification writing
* Preparation of quality reports, including Technical Due Diligence reports for property acquisitions, sale or re-financing, PPM etc.
* Knowledge of core façade materials e.g. glass, metals, sealants, fixings, finishes, coatings etc.
* Installation of facades and curtain walls
* Commercially literate to provide fee proposals and budget costs
* Façade testing methods
* Inspections and condition surveys of old and new facades
* Conversant with Façade Fire Risk Assessment and latest App.Doc. B
* Prepared to give technical presentations in-house or for marketing purposes
* Ability to work at height and in maintenance cradles and MEWPS
* Willingness to travel to various locations, locally, nationally and abroad, sometimes at short notice
Additional Specialist Experience (Advantage)
* Expert Witness and legal representations
* Conversant with British, European and other international standards
* Conversant with façade testing and test procedures
* Ability to assess facade defects, concerns or situations at short
notice and prepare high level opinion and budgets for repair
* Generate and develop new business from within the business and with external clients
* Strong commercial understanding of fees and budgets
* Other languages (spoken or written) an advantage
* Unrivalled package with £55,000 salary
We very much look forward to speaking to you.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager