Role: Field based Application / Technical Specialist (Software/Microbiology)
Location: Ideally North West UK - National travel 3 - 4 days a week
Salary: DOE / Monday - Friday / 09:00am - 17:00pm + bonus
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Field based Application / Technical Specialist to join a Global Innovative Microbiology Diagnostics and Instrumentation. You will be responsible for supporting the complete range of products offered within the business. This is an excellent opportunity to progress within a fast-growing business. You will understand; (exe, .ini, .bat files, cmd prompts and registry keys).
- You will be responsible for supporting the complete range of products offered within the business. ranging from wet microbiology diagnostics such as ELISA, latex and lateral flow, to molecular diagnostics, antibiotic susceptibility testing, total laboratory automation and informatics.
- Be part of Technical Operations team assisting in sales and marketing activities and conducting pre- and post-sale field-based application support.
- You will report to the Technical Manager and be part of a close team consisting of other Field Application Specialists and Technical Support.
- You will work closely with other internal departments; such as Sales, Marketing and the General Manager.
- You will be responsible for the pre- and post-sale applications support for the complete range of Pro-Lab Manufactured and Distributed products
- The position will be part of a team working a 5 day week, 9am - 5pm, with a rolling monthly pattern for shared weekend working where applicable.
- Involved in Technical / Scientific support; demonstrations, installations, application support, on-site customer training, after sales on-site technical support, interfacing support, on-site go-live support, Conduct customer focus group presentations.
- Excellent customer service skills / customer focused / Supplier relationship management experience.
- Familiar with CRM systems and other reporting data systems
- Able to problem solve and use own initiative
- Knowledge of Microbiology is preferred for this role.
- Must have experience with Laboratory software solutions and bioinformatics.
- Must have experience with automated bacteriology or other laboratory solutions.
- Must have a Full UK Driving license and be prepared for worldwide travel.
Keywords; Microbiology, Elisa, Software, Field based, ELISA, Scientific, Molecular biology, Automation, biotechnology