Field Electrician / fire alarm engineer
£25,000 to £28,000 dependant on experience
My client are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious fire alarm electrician to join the team.
- You will be required to carry out maintenance on fire alarm systems and install new fire alarm systems with our client's commercial customers within the agreed time frames.
- Ensure all work carried out meets the required British standards
- Liaise with both Clients and manufacturers for technical support when needed
- Produce service reports for all jobs and ensure the required paperwork and certification is complete
- Identify non compliances and variations and collate required information to correctly quote the client and recommend products.
- Be confident in carrying out general electrical maintenance
- Participate with the 24/7 out of hours call out rota. (1in 4 weeks)
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of BS7671:2015
- Organise workload
- Good communication and administration skills
- Knowledge of security equipment would be advantageous
- Health and safety compliant
- Able to work both in a team and alone
- An honest, reliable and consistent work ethic is essential
- City and guilds electrical qualification is essential
- Certification of completed FIA modules would be beneficial
- Proven track record in the security systems/fire alarm industry or apprenticeship trained
- A full driving licence
Competitive salary, on call and stand by rates, travel call out and stand by allowance, company Vehicle, PDA.