This role is based predominantly at the client's various client's sites throughout the UK. There are intermittent opportunities to work with overseas clients. Travel to client sites may require early starts, late finishes and regular overnight stays. Travel costs and payment for
additional working hours will be in line with company policy.
- Undertake system calibration, repairs and maintenance activities on client sites, addressing any concerns arising throughout the process.
- Communicate and provide technical support to the client to address customer specific issues.
- Provide technical support to Installation Technicians and Service Engineers to address in-house issues, deploying all forms of communication.
- Compile all reports / documentation and dispatch in a timely manner as directed by the Head of Manufacturing & Commissioning.
- Comply with the organisation's QA and SHE systems, policies and procedures; support required updates as the business develops.
- Attend all required company and department meetings.
- Attend training courses relevant to the position.
- Support the creation and delivery of training activities for colleagues and clients.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties within your skill-set as directed by your line manager.
- To be provide support to the 24/7 service helpline by being On-Call on a rota basis
Essential / Core Skills
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of servicing equipment on client sites.
- 2 years' experience working independently i.e. without local oversight management.
- HNC / HND in either Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, able to advise clients on the drawings and specifications.
- Computer literate including use of MS Office programmes.
- Must be able to demonstrate fault-finding skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and excellent team working attributes.
- Full driving licence (maximum 3 points/no disqualifications).
- 2 years minimum working as a Technician within the gas industry
- Previous experience of working on Odourisation, Chromatography or related measurement type systems.