Field Service Engineer - Installations/Repair (Electronics Manufacturing)
£25,000 + OT
Covering the UK and Europe
Our client is at the forefront of digital technology providing retail customer solutions to some of the biggest outlets across the UK, Europe and America. Their Installation Team has literally never been busier, working tirelessly on new projects to help retailers encourage a safer shopping experience throughout COVID19... this is why we need a talented Field Service Engineer to join the team.
Your New Role
Due to an exciting investment, company expansion and new projects we are looking to add additional talent in to our Installation and Field Service team to support our international projects.
The Field Service Engineer will be involved in the Installation of various kit within a customer environment, be it commercial, retail, hospitality etc. This will range from Digital Signage AV Kit, Video Walls, LED to Interactive Kiosks. Once the kit is installed the engineer will be responsible to maintain the kit and attend site, within the agreed customer SLA, if any issues arise.
The work will be very varied and will require out of hours working and long days where required to meet tight deadlines.
Your Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To install various products in a variety of locations, dependant on orders and demand.
- To provide proactive and reactive maintenance to installed items
- If unable to repair faulty logged items, engineer temporary solutions to allow as much functionality where possible until there is a permanent fix in place.
- To arrange for the order of any spare parts that may be required to complete work
- To work along side the software team to ensure that all parts of the project are delivered when on site.
- Provide a professional response to customers in a timely manner.
- Understanding of SLA's when resolving fixes on site.
- Performing administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as requested by Heads of Departments
- Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all customers.
- Adherence to all company and client related H&S processes
Your Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Experience of Installing Interactive screens, video walls, switcher/scalers.
Experience of installing LED and moderate understanding of linked controller software eg Novastar
Diagnosing network related issues including LAN and Wi-Fi.
Use of Microsoft Office and setup / configuration of Microsoft Outlook.
Current Clean Driving Licence
CSCS Card or Equivalent H &S Qualification.
Strong communication skills required
Authority and confidence in own decisions
Ability to meet targets and remain calm under pressure
Ability to manage own workload and prioritise
Ability to communicate effectively and build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the Company
Flexibility and openness to change
Willingness to learn and adapt is essential
The role will primarily be Field Based in UK, Europe and International.
- Monday to Thursday 8.30-5.30 (Early finish on a Friday)
- 25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Government pension
- Games rooms in HO
- Shower facilities
- Team building social events
Click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact details are up to date.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager