Role: Service Engineer / Chemist - Part Time
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 Pro rata
Location: Cork - Ireland
Russell Taylor Group have a rare opportunity to work in a part-time Field Service role, as a job share? Do you have a scientific background, ideally chemistry, and do you have experience working in the water treatment industry? Does this include any on-site, customer facing chemical analysis, or are you interested in being trained to do this?
Our client provide our customers with technology and expertise to enhance their water, wastewater, and process productivity.
Bringing together like minded people and experienced professionals, we continue to develop advanced technologies to solve the world's most complex challenges related to water scarcity, quality, productivity, the environment and energy.
What will you be doing as a Field Service Chemist?
You will be responsible for delivering defined goals & objectives by working to set weekly schedule, both safely and compliantly, primarily with two customer accounts in County Cork. You will be servicing water systems on industrial equipment, in a power plant and a pharmaceutical processing facility, such as boilers, cooling, closed waste water and chilled systems, with activity including:
- Ensure a service plan is defined and optimised to maximise productivity & profitability
- Implement customer service plans, carrying out tests and corrective actions
- Maintaining customer records at all times (especially Legionella related)
- Report any concerns with legionella compliance, performance, relationships and scope creep
- Communicate with the customer during each service visit and look to continuously develop customer account relationships
- Understanding the customer agreement with every customer, identify opportunities for upgrades or increased scope of supply (equipment, analytical services or training)
- To act at all times in compliance with legislative, working in a safe manner at all times when delivering company objectives
- Apply the company Legionella policy for customers who have qualifying water systems.A customer facing role, you'll need strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to self-motivate and organise your workload, providing effective support to multiple managers and teams. Core requirements include:
- What will you need and what can you gain? (Experience and qualifications)
- Ideally degree qualified (or equivalent) in a scientific subject (chemistry of chemical engineering or related), but a diploma or HNC with significant relevant experience would be considered
- Possession of valid driving license and access to able to travel between two sites
- Our client will invest in you to gain, along with additional training to work on equipment including boilers and cooling systems. You will also require all round IT proficiency, with tools such as MS Office, but a focus on customer service and a flexible approach to work will be key to succeeding in this role.