Job title: Filter Design Engineer - SE/HSE Grade
Russell Taylor is recruiting for the role of Filter Design Engineer to join an existing Engineering team as a Filter Design Engineer. In this role you will provide Filter design expertise, applying in depth technical knowledge and innovative solutions to deliver the objectives of their Technology and Product Roadmaps.
- Undertake technical definition & detailed planning of specific product development projects in conjunction with the Project team throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure that the product requirement is completely captured, and planned as a series of engineering tasks
- Perform detailed design to component and module level
- Be responsible for the achievement of the requirements, including cost objectives, of each product development project as detailed within the Customer Order documents
- Maintain visibility of the design approach and ensure through review that the implemented design will meet the product requirement
- To facilitate and encourage appropriate technical discussion and broad communication of new ideas
- Work with Sales & Marketing to support customer visits and provide product expertise
- Be an accomplished Filter Design Engineer with experience in all aspects of complex RF microwave filter design from customer requirements, detailed filter design, understanding of mechanical design through development and product transfer
- Have hands on experience of network analyser and spectrum analyser measurement techniques including calibration for path losses sets is essential
- Have experience in the design of complex RF microwave filters and sub-systems used within the Defence, Communications or Aerospace Industry.
- Have knowledge of good engineering processes and practices
- Have practical lumped element filter design and development experience
- Have practical SSS filter design and development experience
- Have experience with EM simulation tools for filter design CST, HFSS etc.
- Have experience with other microwave design tools AWR, ADS etc.
- Good communication skills - able to understand and report tasks, risks etc.
- Team working - both with peers and support staff
- The successful candidate must be security clearable up to SC level
Key Words: RF Radio frequency Design Engineering network analyser microwave filter product transfer SSS filter design CST HFSS AWR ADS SC Aerospace Communications Defence spectrum