Commutable from Cheltenham, Gloucester, Stroud, Ledbury, Hereford, Bristol
My client a specialist manufacturer to the Oil & Gas and Marine sectors, is looking to appoint a Financial Analyst to their growing team in the Gloucester area.
As the Financial Analyst it will be your job to consolidate and analyse financial data including budgets and income statement forecasts.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing financial models, conducting benchmarking and process analysis as well as conducting business studies on past and future performance to develop forecast models.
- Maintaining effective communication between teams to ensure accurate forecasts.
- Ability to build multiple models and scenarios in TM1 and be able integrate or import data from non-financial systems.
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- ACA/CIMA (or similar qualification) with a background in accounting or financial analysis.
- Experience of using an OLAP tool - Cognos TM1 would be preferable (including cube definition and construction).
- Advanced Excel user.
- Experience of working on Pegasus Opera or M1 preferred but not essential.
- Strong numerical, computer and analytical skills.