ABOUT THE CLIENT
My client is actively recruiting experienced Service Engineers working within our client's high compliance service department.
You would be joining a family run company that's been in business for over 30 years. My client are currently based in South London but operate within Hampshire, Surrey and the borders of Berkshire. They have a good management structure and a team of around 30 staff. Our client's customer base is diverse and interesting.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role is based in the south east, with opportunities for travel both in the UK and internationally. If you enjoy providing fire and security alarm servicing to a highly professional level along with exceptional customer service within a diverse and interesting range of clients, this is the right opportunity for you. Although this position is field based, you will be in regular contact with other members of staff and at times work with them on site.
In your customer facing position you will be expected to complete servicing to a highly professional standard along with resolving or communicating customer queries back to the office-based service team. Some of your duties would involve:
- Completing servicing, based on electronic job tasks, and recording measurements and items that do not conform to relevant standards
- Providing exceptional customer service to our clients and liaising to ensure they are fully aware and understand the status of the systems you will have been working on.
- Works may be required in portable fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, access control and CCTV systems (Training will be provided)
- Attendance to customer reactive calls (faults) as required
- There may be opportunities for overseas travel
- Participation in the on-call rota, after a period of approximately 3 months. This is currently running at 1 week in 8 for which an on-call allowance is paid and any actual call out attendance is paid for on an hourly basis.
- Some smaller installation works may be required in this role
- Work is predominantly carried out as an individual and occasionally in a team depending on the site and task.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will need:
- Good customer facing skills
- To be punctual and accurate in your planning
- Honest, reliable and motivated
- You must have at least two years' experience in servicing fire detection and alarm systems or intruder alarm systems
- The right and ability to work in the UK required
- A full UK driver's license is required, a clean licence would be preferred as driving forms part of the job
- Possibly we will require UK Gov NSV to SC standard
- Candidates must be able to complete a full 10-year security screen in line with the British Standard BS7858 (Security screening of individuals employed in a security environment - code of practice)
- Experience in the servicing of fire detection, alarm and suppression systems and/or intruder alarms to Grade 3 or CPNI Class 3
- Experience in another specialist area (access control or IP CCTV)
- Relevant electrical, electronic or specialised security and/or fire alarms qualifications
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Salary is between £30,000 - £35,000
- 4 weeks annual leave + public holidays, this can increase to 5 weeks annual leave + public holidays subject to performance and years served
- A company vehicle would be provided and fully expensed
- Tablet computer (primarily for work-flow management), on a joint ownership platform
- Mobile telephone
- Company credit card for all company expenses
- Uniform (we supply shirts, sweatshirts and jackets) with an allowance to buy trousers and safety footwear.
- Full PPE and necessary training
- All tools (other than standard hand tools) & test equipment are provided
- Opportunities to travel in the UK are not uncommon and are fully expensed
- Overtime is available and may be part of your weekly plan of work
- In-house training will also be provided where required in fire alarms, intruder alarms, access control and CCTV systems