Fire and Security Engineer / Manager
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting a Fire and Security Engineer who has aspirations to move in to a Managerial role. Our Client is an M&E building services contractor on the Wirral who is looking for an ambitious individual to grow and develop their Fire and Security Client Base whilst still servicing and maintaining intruder, CCTV and access control systems, as well as installation & maintenance of electronic fire alarm systems, portable extinguishers and emergency lighting in accordance with the current standards.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Building a Fire and Security Client Base across the North West of England
* Building strong relationships with the company's existing Client Base
* Recruiting and Training Fire and Security Engineers to grow the division
* Completing the certification process with industry recognised bodies such as the Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB)
* Servicing and maintaining various intruder, CCTV and access control systems.
* Working towards and exceeding maintenance and fault finding targets.
* Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
* Carry out corrective and preventative maintenance of fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and portable extinguishers.
* Commission/ Handover of Fire Alarm systems
* Installation of both conventional and analogue addressable fire alarm systems to a high standard of workmanship
* Installation/commission of portable extinguishers
Requirements for the job
* Good communication skills
* A proven background and experience of working within fire and security engineering
* Electrical bias with relevant Electrical qualifications
* Experience of undertaking service, repair work
* Experience of conventional and addressable fire systems across a range of manufacturers equipment
* Good installation practices
* Knowledge of integration of detection systems into other disciplines would be a real advantage
* Good overall fire product knowledge
* Full driving license