Formulation Scientist - Cosmetics
Our Client, an established Cosmetics manufacturer are looking to appoint an experienced Formulation Scientist to work in their brand new lab; the successful Candidate will gain furthered career progression within a NPD/R&D Laboratory setting with a competitive salary on offer.
- Formulating new cosmetic products and working with the Development Lab in order to improve current formulations
- Developing new blends and colours
- Designing and developing novel products to a high standard and to meet the designated requirements of marketing on time and in full.
- Lead pilot and 1st production batches
- Identifying key technological challenges that will result in cost savings and / or enhanced product performance and implement.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with key suppliers and keep abreast of new raw materials / technologies that may provide new / superior benefits to formulations.
- Ensuring that the day-to-day working in the laboratories is practised in a safe, orderly and efficient manner, compliant with all internal protocols and external legislation.
- To work closely with NPD, quality and manufacturing teams to ensure projects are kept on track and to brief.
- To monitor new technologies and products in the marketplace
- Keep accurate detailed records of product development
- Adhering to GMP/GLP guidelines at all times, whilst maintaining the QMS system at all times too (ISO 22716)
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Scientific Discipline
- More importantly will hold relevant Formulation experience in a GLP GMP accredited lab within the Cosmetics, or healthcare industry
- The perfect Candidate will have all of the above and extended colour formulation experience too
- Strong interpersonal skills