2 roles available
£28,000 - £30,000
Based in Runcorn
Benefits include free parking and an early finish on Fridays
A successful expanding contract development and manufacturing company is looking to appoint 2 additional Formulation Scientists to their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidates will be involved in new product development and introduction and tech transfer activities where necessary.
They will lead and manage all aspects of formulation across a range of projects from lab scale through to plant / commercial scale and provide support and to become the Subject Matter Expert within the team.
They will be expected to build strong collaborations with both internal and external customers to ensure that best practices are in place across the team.
- The appointees will be part of a small, highly skilled team geared towards delivering successful products to the market in the prescription and consumer markets. They will possess the ability to think creatively and optimise solutions to complex problems in a regulated environment.
- The candidates will have responsibility for managing the formulation development of client funded projects from introduction through to commercialisation, submission and launch. They will work in close collaboration with Analytical Development, Device Development, Product Development, QA and Regulatory Affairs to ensure robust formulations are developed.
- They will look to build good product knowledge for inhalation and intranasal products including new line extensions and be the Subject Matter Expert across the team. They will leverage this knowledge to build and develop best practices across the business.
- The Formulation Development Scientist roles will have responsibility for ensuring that formulation development and optimisation is conducted in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- In addition to the technical requirements, the appointees will be responsible for ensuring that GMP is followed for all activities and will be responsible for managing the formulation development through the site based GMP system.
- Prepare and execute protocols, reports and batch documents to high standard.
- Write and manage SOPs and other quality documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Degree or MSc / MChem in Pharmacy, Chemistry or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within Pharmaceutical Development specifically in Formulation
- Ideally, knowledge of either Inhalation or Nasal Product Development
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Team Working Skills
For further details and to apply please contact Johnathan Miller at Russell Taylor.