RTG are currently recruiting a Framework Manager to work for an industry leading System Integrator in the Central Belt of Scotland. The successful candidate will manage mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation (MEICA) projects across Scotland's canal network.
The successful candidate will work remotely with regular travel to site as and when required.
* Manage the delivery of several large and complex projects.
* Effectively manage relationships with the client, the Engineering Team, other framework contractors, suppliers and subcontractors and work collaboratively with the client and other framework contractors to deliver the works.
* Identify the resources and suppliers/subcontractors required to deliver the framework.
* Develop and maintain project plans and schedules. Track project deliverables and provide regular reports to key stakeholders.
* Develop and maintain quality plans, project programmes and risk registers. Generate internal and client reports and KPI data.
* Support the Principal Engineer and Engineering Team with the project health and safety lifecycle. Identification of hazards and evaluation of risk in all phases of the project (design, manufacture, installation, construct, testing, commissioning, operation, maintenance, decommissioning and disposal). Supported in this by the Health and Safety Department.
* Assessing and monitoring suppler and subcontractor health and safety procedures.
* Provide a commercial interface with clients.
* Identify client requirements and ensure these are met to the client's satisfaction.
* Ensure that projects are run in accordance with the agreed scope and contract terms.
* Ensure that all contract deliverables are met.
* Ensure that compensation events are generated and agreed by the client before the commitment of resource and cost.
* Generate and progress Early Warning and Technical Queries through to conclusion.
* Generate and issue client update reports, Quadrant Report or similar, on a regular basis or as defined by the contract.
* Facilitate and run project review meetings.
* Ensure that subcontractors are adhering to the scope and conditions of the subcontract.
* Ensure that subcontractors are working to the agreed delivery program.
* Ensure that the subcontractors are working in accordance with the agreed quality plan and standards.
* A minimum of 10 years' practical engineering experience
* A minimum of 5 years' experience managing and leading large projects
* Proven management and Leadership skills
* Ideally Prince2 qualified
* Familiar with standard form contracts (NEC, MF1, etc.) and CDM requirements
* Excellent communications skills and attention to detail