Fuel Specialist- Analytical Chemist
Hours: Days - Monday to Friday
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
Additional: Typical benefits may include but not limited to: Special bonuses for exceptional performance outside the scope of your normal role, Loyalty share award after 3 years' service, shares awards as you reach a more senior level in the Company, additional holiday entitlement to reward long service
Our Client, part of a Global consortium is expanding and looking to recruit for an experienced Fuels Testing Specialist Analyst to work at their state of the art facility on the Wirral. This company offer fantastic career opportunities and give you the autonomy to succeed.
The role is for an Analytical Chemist to carry out physical tests on fuel samples with the addition of investigative GCMS and FTIR analysis The purpose of this position is to deliver high quality testing services focused on marine bunker fuel samples and provide accurate and comprehensive reports to the client.
Dependant on the capabilities of the person selected there may also be the opportunity to assist with other analysis and equipment used in the laboratory. The aspiration of the person selected will be progress through the company to be a Consultant Fuel Chemist, attending laboratories across the UK and Internationally for analyses of petrochemical products, bulk chemical, and gaseous cargoes.
The role will include (but not limited to):
- Conduct routine and investigational analyses on marine bunker fuel and other products, including the management of joint witnessed analyses as per customer requirements
- Explore and develop new business revenues, and provide input towards the growth and development of the laboratory
- Assist with developing the laboratory towards attaining ISO 17025 accreditation
- Participate in routine Round Robin and proficiency monitoring schemes as appropriate to demonstrate ongoing competency of testing
- Maintain and promote good housekeeping standards and levels of safety and ensuring that laboratory staff adhere to policies and standards. Continued development of safety procedures and standards in accordance with HSE regulation and in house requirements
- Perform routine & non-routine chemical analysis of fuel samples in accordance with documented procedures
- Create and issue analytical reports to exceptional standards and in a timely manner
- Lead technical projects and effectively delegate work to junior scientists
- Participate in internal and external training courses identified as appropriate to your continued development.
- Undertake any reasonable duties within the laboratory that may be required from time to time
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant - Chemistry based discipline.
- Experience with testing fuel samples to ISO 8217 standards or technical background in the refining/petrochemical industries.
- Knowledge of GC-MS and FT-IR in an analytical chemistry environment
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct routine maintenance of laboratory equipment and troubleshoot instrument problems, where appropriate
- Experience writing detailed reports and attention for detail
- Knowledge of quality control and quality assurance processes
- Experience using LIMS