Fuel Specialist- Analytical Chemist
Hours: Days - Monday to Friday
Salary: Starting from £26,000 upwards depending on experience
Additional: Typical benefits may include but not limited to: Special bonuses for exceptional performance outside the scope of your normal role, Loyalty share award after 3 years' service, shares awards as you reach a more senior level in the Company, additional holiday entitlement to reward long service
Our Client, part of a Global consortium is expanding and looking to recruit for an experienced Fuels Testing Specialist Analyst to work at their state of the art facility on the Wirral. This company offer fantastic career opportunities and give you the autonomy to succeed.
The aim of the role is to deliver high quality testing services focused on fuels services.
- Responsible as part of a team for conducting a range of tests on fuels using classical and instrumental techniques in accordance with ISO, ASTM and IP standard test methods
- Direction from the Technical Services Fuel Lead on workload priorities to ensure timely reporting of all results to customers through use of manual reporting techniques and LIMS in the future
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory's ISO 17025 accreditation
- Participate in lab incident investigations as appropriate
- Accountable for developing own training records and maintaining proficiency records for all relevant test methods
- Takes part in routine proficiency testing schemes as appropriate to demonstrate ongoing competency of testing
- Supports training and coaches other technicians/students in analytical techniques/methods
- Responsible for reporting any HSE or quality hazards, near misses or incidents using the laboratory reporting procedures
- Awareness of Clients Quality Manual, detailing the quality process within the laboratory (full training will be provided on this and associated QMS activities and accountabilities).
- Conducts work in accordance with laboratory HSE procedures, utilising appropriate PPE
- Responsible for keeping the laboratory safe and maintaining good housekeeping standards, identifying any hazards and recommending improvements to local HSE systems and practices as appropriate
- Conducts Safety audits of laboratory areas
- Will hold a Degree or similar in an Chemistry based subject
- Prior laboratory testing experience working in an accredited (UKAS 17025 or similar) setting ideally fuels testing or similar.
- Strong technical knowledge, knowledge of wet chemistry techniques (viscosity, flashpoint, KF), coupled with some instrument knowledge (organic/GC) and/or (Inorganic / ICP) experience
- A motivated, approachable and enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude
- We are looking for open minded individuals who will embrace change and be adaptable to the needs of the job; the post-holders daily tasks are not always pre-defined and often involve different ways of thinking and listening/learning from the more established staff.