RTG are looking to recruit a Functional Safety Engineer on contract in the Stockton area. The ideal candidate will be able to interface with other disciplines within a project office environment and be responsible for the management of small functional safety projects directly interfacing with clients.
* Higher National Certificate (or higher qualification) in an appropriate engineering discipline.
* TuV Rhineland approved Functional Safety Engineer (SIS) or equivalent.
* Engineering experience in the process industry (petrochemical plant, or power generation environment).
* Working knowledge and experience in functional safety lifecycle activities across the breadth of the BS EN 61511 or BS EN 61508 functional safety lifecycle.
* Experience in specification, design and verification of safety instrumented systems.
* Experience of reading and interpreting documents such as hazard & risk assessments, functional safety assessments, functional design specifications, standards and practices, operating and maintenance manuals and product safety manuals.
* Can develop functional safety lifecycle documents to high standard including Safety Requirement Specifications, Functional Safety Management Plans, Failure Data Reports, PFD calculation reports (using software packages for the calculations), SIF Registers and Verification documents.
* Can manage small functional safety projects such that deliverables are issued within allocated hours and cost.