Role: - Functional Safety Technical Lead
Location: - Flexible with location
Salary: - Highly competitive with discretionary bonus
Russell - Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to head up a brand-new safety team for our Global Testing client. The role will involve working with multiple teams including sales, marketing, business development, finances, and training up multiple electrical engineers.
This is a brilliant opportunity to build something from scratch reporting into the Director of Operations and be rewarded be with a very highly competitive salary and to work within a global organisation.
- Provide technical services to customers, manufacturers, distributors etc which include design evaluation and compliance/regulatory requirement review.
- Be the technical lead in the delivery of client end-to-end projects (this will include concept right through to delivery).
- Understand, research, develop and maintain regulatory and product compliance information within the electrical safety sector.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director and Sales team to deliver presentations and support sales visits.
- Ensure efficient headcount for the team
- Work with the wider team to ensure investment is made into equipment and software
- Prepare project proposals, quotations, and tenders for clients.
- Produce evaluation reports (detailed summary, project findings & recommendations)
- Inspect installed equipment and systems to determine compliance and performance including fault investigation
- Collaborate with colleagues overseas
- Represent the company on meetings
The Person: -
- Suitable degree (science/engineering) or equivalent
- Expert in functional safety (IEC 61508)
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic engineering
- Knowledge of testing standards.
- Experience of training and managing
- Relevant experience in product testing sector
- Ability to work and communicate with customers, stakeholders etc
- Excellent IT skills (word, excel, presentation)