GC Chemist, Testing Lab
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 DOE
Additional: Parking onsite, Company Pension
Our Client, a well established testing company - is expanding and looking to recruit an experienced GC Chemist.
- Preparing and analysing samples of various commodities based on method requirement.
- Maintaining and developing quality of analysis within QA/QC guidelines to ISO 17025:2017 standards.
- Operating and maintaining standard laboratory equipment/ instrumentation.
- Liaising on technical issues with senior Laboratory Management and promote team ethics.
- Mentoring junior laboratory staff.
- Promoting good awareness of Health and Safety regulations relating to Laboratory environment.
- Informing Laboratory Management of issues that may affect Quality or Turn-around Time of samples.
- Following in house methodology accurately.
- Quality Control; process samples through the laboratory within company guidelines.
- Routinely use standard laboratory equipment during the course of analysis.
- Develop knowledge of instrumentation
- Organizing and planning daily workloads to meet Turn Around Times (TAT's).
- Safe handling of chemicals and awareness of laboratory hazards.
- Develop knowledge of metals and minerals qualities.
- Contributing to, monitor and update advancement in related methodology.
- Use IT for information and calculation purposes.
- Undertake other responsibilities as and when required and in accordance with the seniority of the position.
- Ensure that a health & safety culture, policies and procedures are promoted, communicated and implemented effectively in order to minimise risk.
- To comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Scientific/chemistry discipline
- Experience in GC testing in an UKAS 17025 setting
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work to deadlines