Graduate - Certification Engineer
Location: Positions available near Chester and Derbyshire
Salary: Highly competitive
Our Client are a leading UK Testing and Certification company who are looking to recruit for a number of Graduate Engineers; to work as a vital part of the Certification team - a fantastic salary and career opportunity on offer here for the successful Candidates.
The Product Safety Engineer will be working on compliance testing of explosion safety equipment (Ex Products) to ATEX, IECEx or CLIENT requirements.
Assessment of equipment for certification against published standards (IEC/EN 60079 series for example):
- Provide advice to clients as appropriate
- Specify and in some cases conduct appropriate test programmes in accordance with the relevant standards
- Estimate costs and specify the requirements for test samples
- Conduct on-site assessments and/or test work at the clients' premises. This may involve foreign travel
- Prepare reports and certification documents
- Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and in accordance with in-house procedures
In addition to the responsibilities and duties listed, the successful candidate may be required to undertake further duties assigned by the Management Team from time to time. There will be a requirement to travel to other Group or client's premises, both in the UK and overseas.
- Will hold a valid full UK driving licence
- A qualification, ideally at Degree level, in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering - we are looking for a minimum of a 2.1 grade
- Ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas for short periods
- Ability to apply technical judgements where necessary
- Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate:
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills