Junior Land Buyer
Salary Negotiable + Company car allowance and pension
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a graduate/ Junior Land buyer to join a fast growing and a well-established housing company. My client are based in the North West area and they specialise in new build homes across the region. Due to an increase in developments they are looking for a Junior Land buyer to join there expanding team.
The key responsibilities of the role will be assisting in the acquisition of land for residential developments. Joining one of the market leader's in house building, with ambitious market plans, you will be working closely to support the Land department, whilst gaining valuable industry experience and exposure, reporting into the region Land Manager.
This is a fast-paced environment and you must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the property market and the capability and skillset to work independently. You will assist the Head of Land in the identification and assessment of land opportunities and play a supporting role in the preparation of financial appraisals including appraisal of planning gain contributions, leading to formal valuations and offers to the landowners of new sites.
You will be able to quickly learn and develop your land purchase and planning knowledge and the residential planning process from a developer perspective. As you develop you will work alongside internal planning teams and with land owners and external consultants.
- Degree qualified, ideally property related or backed up by industry experience
- Deal driven, eager to succeed within a competitive industry and pursue active projects
- Familiarity with all aspects of land purchase (including, but not limited to, tender processes, maximisation of offer, market awareness, technical and commercial disciplines, design and legal
- An understanding of planning
- A geographical understanding of the area would be advantageous, however not essential
- Confident and articulate communication style, across all levels
- Ambitious and passionate
This is an excellent job opportunity to join a growing specialists housing contractor. To apply, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com or contact me on 0151 737 5560.