Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Graduate Software Engineer to work for a real-time business intelligence company with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets.
The Company have recently launched an Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predicative Analytics and require a Graduate Software Engineer to work out of their Gloucester Office.
We are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer with a strong academic software development background, who is willing to learn and embrace existing and new technologies. The successful candidate will be joining a team engaged upon market-leading software development for business-critical IT applications.
The role involves the requirements gathering, design, building, testing, documentation and commissioning of IT projects. Knowledge of languages such as C#, C++, ASP/MVC and the .Net environment or similar, will provide an excellent foundation for learning to use customer specific software tools.
* Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
* Object Orientated Programming (OOP) - required understanding for data modelling (UML).
* Problem solving skills - Identifying issues, exploring alternative solutions, choosing the best solution, implementing solution.
* Working experience in C#, C++, ASP/MVC, .Net or equivalent
* Ability to learn new and emerging technologies
* UK driving licence
* HTML5/CSS3 - Styling applications.
* UX/UI design - Understanding the UI requirements and the user experience.
* Working knowledge of databases (RDBMS/NoSQL/Time series).
* Use of source control and branching -Git repositories
* Confident and capable, able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
* Ability to maintain focus on next delivery/drop.
* Work as part of a geographically dispersed team - communication and interaction.
* Investigating and solving compatibility problems.
* Customer interactions - Face to face, over the phone, on a skype call. Collaboration with a customer to gathering requirement/build mock ups.
* Have good communication skills.
* Be flexible in working methods.