Graduate Solar Design Engineer (Construction Manufacturing)
We are thrilled to be recruiting EXCLUSIVELY for our client, a global specialist within construction manufacturing and high level construction projects.
Due to rapid growth and projected business forecasting into 2025 we are looking for a Graduate level Solar Design Engineer to join the business. Not only will this give you an amazing opportunity to put your Degree into practise but also to join a global leader within the construction arena who themselves run a Graduate program which will give you brilliant opportunities to travel abroad to continue learning.
In your new role as their Design Engineer your main focus will be to develop and design Commercial Rooftop Solar PV projects and to support the commercial and operational team members in the delivery of Solar PV renewable projects across the UK and Ireland.
In your new role your duties will include:
* Creating feasibility Solar PV designs for commercial proposals and detailed designs for operational delivery of the project.
* Liase with the operations team to complete designs including string designs, ballast calculations, PVSyst reports
* Controlling incoming enquiries, sourcing information and distributing accordingly.
* Manage Energy stock usage to reduce costs and stock turnaround is optimum.
* Ensure correct products are selected for the given project and roof profile.
* Effectively manage and prioritise projects to ensure project delivery schedules are met.
* Assist the operations team to successfully deliver projects.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service.
* Customer query handling - to review and aid the team in handling customers queries.
* Communicate with key personnel and customers as required to ensure that customer service is delivered effectively and consistently.
* Provide weekly & monthly reporting to the Operations Manager on Design tasks.
* Draft project documentation for distribution to customers.
* Planning, Building and DNO applications as and when required.
* Any other tasks not mentioned, but are key to the role and requested by the line manager.
* Understanding of CDM2015.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience
* Degree in Building, Civil or Electrical Engineering required.
* 2-3 Years Solar Commercial Rooftop experience.
* High standard of AutoCad required.
* Experience using PVSyst or PVSol required.
* Previous experience of working within an office/internal design environment
* Experience of working in construction or similar based industry
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, PVSyst and Autocad necessary.
* Be highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to work on own initiative, be highly motived, goal driven with a can do attitude
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external customers
* Ideally previous experience of working in a fast paced Customer Service/Order Processing type role
* The ability to work well as part of a team.
* £25,000 with a 10% bonus
* Monday to Thursday 8.15am - 5.00pm / Friday 4.00pmfinish
* 24 days plus all bank holidays
* Competitive pension contributions
* Travel costs covered with over night stays
Please click on the Link to apply, ensuring all of your contact details are correct and up to date.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager