Graduate Transport Planner - Bucks/Sheffield
Please state salary expectations when applying for role.
Our client are looking for a graduate with a genuine enthusiasm for Transport Planning to join the team. This role can be based either in their Chesham Head Office, or from Sheffield. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
The Transport team undertakes development planning work, providing advice to private sector and local authority clients on access and transportation issues and supporting development proposals through the planning process. The team works closely with their Infrastructure Design, Structures and Geo-environmental teams on larger multi-disciplinary development proposals.
The main duties of this role will include:
- Preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements/Strategies
- Preparation and presentation of technical data and drawings
- Assistance in preparation of reports and calculations
- Preparation of Travel Plans as well as Travel Plan Coordination
- Preparation of outline highways drawings
- Management of small and medium scale projects
- Liaison with clients/contractors and local / national authorities as required
- Briefing Technicians in the production of drawings and models
- Working collectively with other technical disciplines
- Assist with other traffic/transport related tasks required by your Line Manager
- Awareness of commercial and technical management of projects to assist in ensuring that these are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant degree for Transport Planning
- Experience/Knowledge of AutoCAD, ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG
Whilst previous working experience is preferred, it is not essential for this role. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with a genuine opportunity to progress.
For more information or to apply call Ollie Melton on 07557 852124. Ollie deals with any Civil and Structural Engineering, Town and Transport Planning and Building Control opportunities and would welcome the chance to speak with you.