Our client is seeking an experienced Buyer to be based in North East England.
They are fully integrated infrastructure solutions business that delivers improved operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities.
In this role you will join their busy Purchasing team based in their Head Office and you will support and deliver purchasing requirements across the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring goods and services are procured at the best possible price and quality.
- Managing & developing contracts for goods and services to meet business needs.
- Contract development, including terms & conditions, structure, strategy and cross-site initiatives.
- Ongoing contract management with nominated technical representatives and other internal customers
- Project and Capex purchasing support, including selection of appropriate contracting styles.
- Assist with the management of the invitation to tender process.
- Contributing to developing procurement policy, procedures and systems.
To be considered for this role you need to meet and demonstrate the following criteria:
- A'level / equivalent level education.
- Fully qualified Member of CIPS (MCIPS) or working towards
- Contract development & administration including Terms and Conditions, Structure, Strategy, Cross business asset co-ordination, Performance monitoring and Problem resolution.
- Contract management including identification of supply chain efficiencies & performance issues and Liaison with nominated technical representatives.
- Project & Capex purchasing support.
- Management/admin of invitation to tender processes.
- Systems, procedures & systems development.
- Co-ordinate and manage client &/or supplier audits.
Working for this Global organisation you will have significant opportunities for continual professional development in a challenging and rewarding environment.