Due to rapid growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Group Buyer to join the Materials department of our client who are an award-winning business near Ayr.
Our client covers Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) territories of their Corporation, a top performing NASDAQ listed business employing over 1600 people worldwide. They specialise in the manufacture and supply of diagnostic testing kits and services within the food and drinks industry and through their innovative products and services they have gained an enviable reputation for excellence.
Your New Role and What You Will Be Responsible For
- Assisting the Materials Manager to deliver against the annual savings plan by identifying, achieving and recording cost savings.
- Monitor costs within budget associated with bid/projects negotiating with suppliers where appropriate
- Optimise supply and support costs to improve the profitability of the company
- Ensure that preferred supplier agreements are used in all cases where appropriate Issue requests for quotations to suppliers where necessary
- Negotiate the payment terms to suit the business needs
- Managing the vetting and selecting of new suppliers in conjunction with QA Manager
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers to ensure quality, delivery, specification, service, and cost requirements are met
- Have Knowledge and ability to implement Terms and Conditions for the supply of Goods and Services
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with all Materials Planners and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organisation meeting customer demands
Previous Experience to be Successful in Your New Role
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Background in life sciences (life science, food related or other technical degree desirable)
- Current driving licence. Although predominantly based in Ayr, must be willing to visit other sites and suppliers as required.
- Excellent communication (Verbal & Written) skills
- Excellent organisation skills
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organisation.
Company benefits Include
- Contributory pension scheme
- Complementary life insurance
- Share purchase scheme
- Competitive salary
If you are motivated by the above positions and you have the relevant skills and experience and are ready for an interesting, full time, permanent job with great job satisfaction then submit your CV and covering letter (by clicking the link), explaining what makes you stand out from the crowd!
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager