Russell Taylor Group is delighted to be working with an award winning, UK based CRO, which has been providing expert synthetic chemistry support for over 20 years. The client is looking to appoint a Group Leader - Medicinal Chemistry.
Medicinal Chemistry Group Leaders play a key role, providing strategic direction and technical oversight to our drug discovery project teams. The client is looking for highly experienced medicinal chemistry leaders to join as Group Leader level, to lead our project teams in the delivery of our client's projects, applying the latest developments in both synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
The client has recently announced significant expansion plans and so will occupy a large, world-class research facility at Charnwood Campus, Loughborough from Autumn 2021. This role will initially be based in BioCity, Nottingham.
- You will have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with and will be able to provide technical input into both areas of expertise.
- You will have experience of leading project teams in the delivery of small molecule therapeutic agents, gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO, with at least 5-10 years of industrial experience.
- You will have experience of working with the different disciplines involved in the drug discovery process, including an understanding of disease biology, biological screening and DMPK, as well as an understanding of their importance to the development of therapeutic agents
- You will be able to work collaboratively with colleagues and cross-functional partners in bioscience, DMPK and Computational Chemistry to develop and implement effective strategies to support our client's drug discovery programmes.
- You will be able to lead by example, proactively mentoring colleagues and supporting them in their professional development.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- You will be highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced