Role: Group Quality Manager
Type: FTC until end of Jan
Hours: 8am to 5pm with an hour for lunch
Russell Taylor are currently recruiting for a Group Quality Manager to oversee the Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities for all Group Companies. Our client is a part of the veterinary and nutraceutical industry and the successful candidate must have had relative managing experience within Quality in order to for fill this role. Strong experience from a GMP environment would be advantageous.
- GMP/UFAS standards are maintained and updated as necessary.
- Manufacturing procedures and SOP's are in place and updated as required
- Quality issues are logged and resolved in a timely manner
- Appropriate training is given to all members of the Quality Department
- Agree regulatory standards and ensure that there are clearly defined procedures for staff to follow and that these are properly understood and implemented.
- Manage the Out of Specification and Deviations systems, ensuring appropriate actions are taken and investigations are conducted in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Head of Production and Operations Director to maintain continuity of supply and ensure that quality issues do not adversely affect production.
- To manage the validation activities (Cleaning, Equipment, process) and ensure they are undertaken as and when require against written and approved protocols.
- To assist in the planning of the internal audit schedule and to conduct or co-ordinate the Internal audits to ensure the business is complying with GMP and UFAS standards where applicable.
- To ensure Root Cause and Corrective/Preventative Action (CAPA) identifications are correctly followed
- To manage and maintain the document control system through the use of Request for Change (RFC) and to ensure all staff have access to the current versions of required controlled documents (SOPs, Product Specifications, Forms etc).
- Participate in hosting external regulatory audits as required.
- To ensure all external regulatory audit findings are fed back to the relevant departments, all Root Cause and CAPA are appropriately assigned and all outcomes are communicated to the relevant external regulatory body within required timeframes.
- To monitor the progress and completion of all external regulatory audits and provide updates to higher management on a regular basis.
- Manage the "Complaints Procedure" and ensure that necessary actions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all finished goods for resale from either external suppliers or Group manufacturers meet specification.
- Bachelor of Science degree - (Pharmacy/Chemistry or related discipline)
- At least four years previous relevant experience within a similar role, preferably with products marketed on a global basis
- Complete understand of GMP, HACCP, UFAS and ISO9001 standards
- Internal and external auditing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and IT Skills
- Proven project planning ability
- Experience of dealing with external customers
- Understand the needs and priorities of the business
- Take personal responsibility for their words and actions and the quality of service they deliver