Group Supply Chain SAP Business Analyst (Manufacturing)
£28,000 plus Fantastic Contractual Benefits
Introduction to the Role
To analyse and control both the financial performance of the Supply Chain function, and to create robust and innovative product forecasts to maintain 'On Time in Full' (OTIF) Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
The candidate will ensure financial integrity and security within the supply chain through close working with Key Retailers and the Commercial and Procurement functions whilst maximising Return on Capital Employed (ROCE) and Earnings Before Interest & Tax (EBIT). The candidate will be highly numerate, analytical and demonstrate a practical, common sense approach.
- Contributes to the development of the Supply Chain Strategy to help ensure cost effective and consistent sourcing performance
- Analyses financials of the Procurement and Supply Chain function, including product costs, supplier rebates and raw material price tracking
- Analysing sales trends and stock profiles to provide annual product forecasts to predict supply and operational requirements
- Monitor weekly actual v forecast; making recommendations to the supply chain team in terms of procurement actions
- Make recommendations and agree purchase strategy to support retailer promotional activity
- Compiling and managing customer price books, retail and trade accounts
- Identifying underperforming products and making recommendations to correct in conjunction with the Supply Chain team
- Investigates and recommends on "make" or "buy" production activities
- Analysis of economic changes and profitability impacts
- Maximises ROCE opportunities, supporting discussion regarding commercial terms, contracts, rebate terms etc
- Provision of weekly reports and presentations for discussion at Board level across the supply base
- Manage promotional stock builds working closely with agreed supply base
- Work closely with the commercial and new business functions to ensure financial information is accurate
- Participation in the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process: forecasts, rebates and inventory levels
- Adhere and drive compliance to all relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring a culture of safe working and zero accidents.
- Ensure all incidents, observations and concerns are reported through an escalation process; solutions are identified and actions, in line with Company policy.
- Ensure ideas for the improvement of safety are listened to and acted upon, involving the Health and Safety representatives and HR Management if necessary.
- Ensure non SCA employees (visitors, third parties and contractors) confirm to the SCA Health and Safety Policy including using the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Support with the implementation of Behavioural Based Safety and be an advocate of this project.
Previous Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Finance Controller, Management / Cost Accountant role or similar
- Educated to degree level
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (CIMA or equivalent) desirable
- Experience of sales forecasting models advantageous
- Experience of working alongside and/or directly with procurement and supply chain professionals, to achieve challenging commercial targets
- Experience of an analytical role within a Retail / category management advantageous
- Influential with sound commercial knowledge
- Experience of working with SAP /MRP
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel to manipulate data using pivot data and v-look ups
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
Personal Professional Capabilities
- Strong ability to analyse data, identify issues, generate solutions and present findings
- Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines and willing to make decisions to improve the business using your own initiative
- Highly organised, numerate and methodical, takes pride in the accuracy and presentation of their work
- A motivator/ team player
- A willingness and ability to mentor and develop colleagues in the team
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Ability to manipulate data
- Good presentation skills
- Willing and able to travel as required
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact details are correct and CV fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager