Head of Commercial Sales - Chester
An exciting opportunity for a commercially driven leader to manage the commercial sales activity. This will include key account management for major B2B ground fuels customers, leading the Commercial Bulk Fuels Team and sales activities and delivery of the related targets and KPIs.
The role holder will develop pricing models and strategies, together with new products and services to satisfy current and future customer needs. The Head of Commercial Sales portfolio comprises wholesale and serviced customers from the commercial/industrial sector, plus selected customers operating in the hypermarket and retail sectors.
* A member of the Marketing Leadership Team. Expected to contribute to the overall marketing strategy development (not just commercial sales vertical) and sustaining world-class marketing operations.
* Develop channel-based strategies to deliver maximum margin, based on market understanding and supply inputs, in the context of a rapidly changing UK fuel supply landscape.
* Develop and deliver the annual business plan, monitor and deliver targets for the Commercial Sales Team's performance in terms of volumes, margin, credit performance, planning accuracy (demand forecasting) and new business growth.
* Champion key account management tools and best practices - as leader and practitioner.
* Identify new business growth opportunities in the market, create clear business cases that lead to approval, and drive implementation.
* Lead, develop, manage and motivate staff and ensure that the required competencies are in place to meet current and future business needs.
* Work with key service providers to deliver customer KPIs and costs. Track and intervene effectively, where service provided is unacceptable, to deliver current and expected future needs.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with key industry contacts.
* Ensure all reports act within Health & Safety guidelines, leading by example and demonstrating a proactive approach to HSE issues internally and externally. Ensure team complies with all policies
Extensive experience required in a B2B commercial environment. The successful candidate will seek win/win solutions and have a strong track record in leading complex negotiations that deliver business growth and brand engagement. You will be data driven to provide market insights, which will then provide a strategic and evidence-based approach. A professional approach to working with partners, suppliers and other external parties is essential.
* Commercially driven and the ability to understand and communicate complex commercial concepts
* Strategic and process thinker
* Strong interpersonal skills/stakeholder management
* Strong negotiation skills (evidence of complex deal making with major consumers)
* Strong analytical, problem solving and presentational skills
* Strong mentoring and coaching skills (evidence of in-role capability)
* Use of CRM tools would be an advantage
* Good strategic thinking (evidence of participation in previous strategy development)
* Extensive years of total sales/marketing/key account management experience
* Four to six years' experience in terms of leading a sales team, preferably in the energy /oil and gas sector
* Understanding of UK Downstream fuels market
* Understanding of refinery economics