Head of Consultancy
My client is a dynamic and progressive research and technology company with a vast client base. The company is vigorously involved in a variety of UK and EU combined research projects, funded by both the European Commission and Innovate UK.
The forward thinking company also provides support to industry leading clients, assisting them in the identification of appropriate funding avenues, whilst also formulating and supporting applications to help them secure relevant grants for the development of new products and solutions.
Due to continued expansion, they are now looking to appoint a strategic business leader, who has experience solving complex market and business issues. As Head of Consultancy, you will be responsible for building and leading a proposal writing consultancy business, developing quality customer experiences, and managing the sales pipeline.
- Research, launch, and deliver strategic growth and strong profitability within the current consultancy business
- Employ, train and progress a team of subject matter experts
- Full P&L responsibility for consultancy including all aspects of pricing, winning and delivering projects
- Continually promote industry presence through attending conferences, research reports and white papersAs the "face" of the company you will have the opportunity to build credibility in and outside the organisation.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills in order to leverage research and data to maximise delivery on all consultancy projects
- Vast management experience, with a proven track record of growing and developing a team
- P&L responsibility in a consultancy context
- Experience of winning 5-6 figure consultancy projects
- Strong proposal/bid writing and project management experience
- Organisational capabilities, with understanding of strategy tools and frameworks
- Good knowledge of EU and InnovateUK proposals
- Willingness to travel
- Willing to relocate or stay in the week in Cambridge
This role would be suited to someone who has perhaps worked as an Operations, Commercial or Bid Manager for a consultancy before. Minimum 10+ years' experience in a market based consultancy.
Competitive remuneration package