Role: Head of Procurement
Location: Birmingham, with occasional travel
Salary: Permanent or Contract considered
As Head of Procurement you lead a team of 10 FTE, who support a range of contracts and partnerships worth more than £400m per annum.
You will deliver procurement and commercial expertise across all service lines driving a tangible link to profit improvement with a strong focus on optimise best business practice, fiscal performance, risk management and compliance.
You are responsible for deployment of best business practice and category management strategies within your division that align to Procurement Strategy the broader Business Strategy.
A very collaborative approach and close working relationships with other procurement leaders, including category across the UKBU and wider procurement group is essential.
You will manage stakeholder relationships, including those with client representatives; operational and other colleagues across the wider business
Senior level dialogue and communication skills are essential in fulfilling this role.
To deliver the procurement and commercial management function across the partnerships / contracts and clearly communicate the obligations and liabilities contained within both contracts to ultimately ensure that income is maximised, costs are minimised, whilst the service required is delivered, by:
- Responsible for delivering challenging budgetary targets
- Identifying, monitoring and reporting on spend across a matrix of contracts
- Supporting the management and mitigation of spend at all levels (operational, financial, commercial, technical, etc)
- Strong contractual knowledge and understanding of commercial levers across the portfolio
- Management of variation/change and supplier contract capture and specifications
- Establish a baseline of current contracts and materials across division
- Determine clear timelines, terms and specification templates for all key services lines
- Establish and deploy effective strategies ensuring competitive advantage is secured
- Responsible for delivery of Make or Buy strategy that creates value and efficiencies (margin improvement and savings) across the business
- Leading governance within the contracts to ensure that the requirements of the contract and internal governance processes are being complied with
- Aiding the quality of service by ensuring awareness of contractual responsibilities among all other colleagues (including contract deliverables, scope of services etc.)
- Leading in the search for efficiencies and service optimisation within the supply chain
- Enforcing commercial compliance (by audit and support against Minimum Commercial Standards)
- Supporting the management of cash under supplier terms and incentive schemes
Further Requirements - Taking a key role in the management of contractual claims / disputes
- The requirement to ensure full procurement and commercial governance to all suppliers
- To provide day to day procurement support to the account management teams
- Building strong relationships with senior supplier representatives
- Supporting the identification, management and mitigation of risks at all levels associated with such a significant bidding process
- Leading governance within the bidding and signing process of contracts to ensure that the company's requirements of any supplier contract are being complied with
- Supporting the Finance Director in the satisfaction of contract and company objectives, by providing full reporting and transparency related to reports of spend, savings, compliance, and governance
- Team leadership (10 FTE geographically based) and management to all procurement resources
- Realise savings as per annual fiscal plan and other value that supports the growth and profitability of the company
- Taking the Procurement lead with clients and operations
Enhanced DBS is required for this role.
- Suitable procurement, commercial and or financial / accounting or QS experience within a similar industry sector
- Educated to degree/ diploma level in either Procurement, Business, Law, Surveying, Accounting
- Understanding and practical application of base UK law applicable to Commercial / contracts.
- Previous line management experience
- Ideally a member or training to be member of a chartered institution
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracy
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience in a procurement / commercial environment
- Sound understanding of risk analysis/management