Head of Quality, UKAS testing
Location: Cambridge area (site based)
Hours: Days: Monday - Friday
Salary: Upto £50,000
Our client, part of a global testing organisation, are looking to appoint an experienced Quality Manager; who will play a key part in the preservation and development of their QMS system/s.
- Creating and embedding a culture focused on the delivery of high-quality results, continuous improvement, work ethic and highest standards.
- Strategic responsibility for all Quality matters as a cornerstone of Client businesses.
- Participate and agree to supporting the operating businesses to develop new test capabilities and methods to further enhance and support the commercial offering of the business.
- Taking ownership and supporting the business to ensure they develop, maintain and exceed relevant accreditation e.g. UKAS, MCERTS standards.
- Lead and attend all external audits by UKAS and other bodies as required.
- Ensure corrective actions raised during internal and external auditing are carried out and documented quickly, effectively, and long terms solutions found. To drive and develop a culture within the businesses that promotes, learning, coaching and development to further develop team capabilities.
- Work within Client group to develop and promote best practice aspects that drive, quality, technical and method development.
- Engage all teams in particular the quality, operational and technical teams to deliver expertise in the use of the quality systems in the day to day running of the laboratories as well as developing new testing capabilities.
- Assess key operational risks and acts, work in collaboration to mitigate them.
- Drive our laboratories, operations, technical, and commercial teams forward through continuous improvement and the measurement and management of the suite of quality KPI's.
- Ensure all work in the laboratory is performed in accordance with the methods and Standard Operating Procedures as per Client's Client quality system.
- Take ownership of the Client Quality System and where required improve it to best practice capability.
- Utilize innovation and IT solutions as a strategic tool to place Client as an advancing technically and quality laboratory in the Environmental testing arena.
- Ensure areas outside of the lab such as logistics have good management of quality standards in place when collecting, handling, and transporting samples.
- Responsible for engaging and training staff in the purpose and use of the quality system.
- Responsible for all Quality and Key Commercial Account projects that assist in the retention, growth, and onboarding of client's projects/ frameworks as and when required.
- Assist and own the development of key initiatives within the business that supports profitable revenue growth for Client.
- Ensure reviews, objectives and personal development plans are in place for your team.
- In close collaboration with the site teams and the commercial team, assist with the provision of a high level of internal and external customer care.
- Will have significant UKAS - QA experience
- Strong Management experience
- Experience working with extended QA activities: CAPA, OOs, OOt, Deviations, Auditing, Change controls etc.
- QMS management, implementation and preservation experience.
- Audit hosting experience.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Strong attention to detail.