Role:- Head of Scientific and Technical Services Location:- North Yorkshire
Benefits:- 20%, Private Medical Insurance (up to family level), 25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday, Pension max 8%, 4 x Salary death in service.
Russell Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a well experienced individual to head up the Scientific and Technical Services of a global medical device/healthcare company in the UK whose product and portfolio range are growing massively! This is a vital position for the business to operate, so our client is looking for an expert who understands how to create products from scratch as well as being able to manage a team of technical individuals.
If you have worked in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Personal Care sector, and you are looking for a new role with lots of responsibility and a chance to put your technical experience and management into play then please apply within.
- Responsible for managing the Team of Scientific individuals- from technicians up to managers, this will include developing junior scientists and technical employees across the organisation
- Provide business support from early Concept Innovation to product delivery to meet quality and regulatory requirements and ensure REACH is adhered to.
- Understanding of toxicology to ensure safety and adverse effects of potential products/processes
- Plan and manage the development activity and will have the responsibility for the project budget and cost of goods
- Involvement with design control, innovation and prototyping
- Work closely with the Program Management lead to understand both internal and external customer requirements
- Provides tactical input into the company's technology and plans for new product introduction
- Be the key point of contact for the scientific sector across the organisation, actively collaborating globally
- Communicate with other functions within the business to help anticipate any technical challenges and to aid solutions
- Maintain 3rd party relationships
- Provide validation resource to implement and commercialise new products and processes
- Expert in product development in either Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Personal Care
- BSc in Scientific discipline (PhD would be desirable but not essential)
- Excellent knowledge of highly regulated environments and use of QMS and their application
- Understanding and working knowledge of portfolio management and project approval
- Previous management experience of a team
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at various levels
- Project management experience
- Ability to problem solve and react to company's needs