Head of Software Engineering (Control Systems)
Russell Taylor are currently looking to recruit a Head of Software Engineering to work for a reputable System Integrator in Leeds.
The successful candidate will have both technical and commercial responsibility for the Software Engineering team; delivering the design, implementation and commissioning of Process Control Solutions (PLC / SCADA) within the Oil & Gas, Power and Water industries.
The Software Engineering team consists of 20 Software Engineers but the plan is to grow this to 30 within a couple of years.
* Provide exceptional technical leadership within the team.
* Plan and develop short, medium & long term strategy to develop the Software Engineering team further.
* Allocate design resources to execute departmental workload; actively forecasting future resource demands and capacity.
* Lead a valued engineering approach to ensure cost efficient solutions are designed to achieve company goals for profit.
* Attend pre / post tender and contract meetings where there is a control systems requirement.
* Liaise with the sales team to ensure that the current bids being offered are in line with best practise and the best solutions available within the company's application portfolio.
* Build long lasting relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
* Communicate effectively with Clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
* Recruitment - interviewing and selecting new personnel will be an important part of the role.
* Management / leadership in a software development organisation
* Experience working through the design, development, test and delivery of software solutions.
* Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
* Proven ability to understand how software integrates with hardware and control systems.
* Strong people and project management skills.