Role: Head of Toxicology
Salary: Excellent + Benefits
Location: North Yorkshire
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Toxicology to lead a growing toxicology team. You will ensure the efficient delivery of toxicological services to meet client and regulatory needs. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your own team and join a company who are experiencing vast business growth.
- Develop and oversee timelines for all nonclinical activities and understand how these timelines overlap with the analytical and clinical work streams to ensure timely receipt of data for incorporation into human health risk assessment.
- Ensure resources are available for execution of nonclinical activities and studies, such as procurement of necessary software programs and scientific publications.
- Understand and communicate necessary staffing changes, including scaling up staff when full staff utilization is reached.
- Oversee staff development and training.
- Oversight of other Toxicology team members, including the In-vitro toxicology and Risk-assessment teams.
- Degree in Toxicology or related field (essential)
- PhD in Toxicology (desirable)
- Registered toxicologist (ERS or DABT)
- At least 5 years' experience in applied toxicology and risk assessment
- Experienced in Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Be knowledgeable with and have experience with FDA CTP recommendations for in vitro studies for PMTA submissions.
- Have a certification in Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Be knowledgeable with OECD study design
- Experience with computational modelling software: OECD Toolbox, ToxTree and Lhasa
- Proven ability in technical writing and communications.
- Experience with in vitro/in vivo extrapolation (IVIVE)
- Experience with physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) models, including absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of any given chemical
- Experienced in cell culture technologies
- Can demonstrate business / commercial acumen.
- Proven project management skills.