Role: Senior Development Scientist - HPLC - GMP
Location: North Yorkshire
Salary: Highly competitive
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Scientist with a minimum of 3/4 years Lab experience to joining a growing Pharmaceutical contract testing company. If you are looking for a move or progression opportunities, please apply within.
- Performing Laboratory analyses on customer supplied materials on a day-to-day basis as directed by a team leader or other supervisor.
- Ensure work areas and equipment are continuously maintained to the highest standard.
- Use hard-copy and electronic data capture systems within the guidelines of the QMS.
- Check analytical data and worksheets and notifying their line manager of any discrepancies.
- Continuously maintain an understanding of the Quality Management System. This includes supporting the company's policy of continuous quality improvement throughout the workplace.
- Produce draft quality system documentation as directed by the Management team.
- Monitor and notify their line manager of any chemical, equipment, glassware and consumable requirements deemed necessary to ensure minimum disruption to the laboratory operations.
- Support the training and development of colleagues as directed by the Management team.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the company and act always in the best interest of the company.
- Preferred graduate of Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry related subject.
- Good technical problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good verbal reasoning and negotiating skills.
- Good IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Results driven, customer focused and commercially astute.
- Several years' hands on experience of chromatography, theory and practise.
- Several years' experience in a regulated lab and working within a QMS.
- Experience of equipment maintenance.
- Experience of performing failure investigations and RCA under the review of a more senior member of the department or Quality.
- Limited experience of TMD and TMV and equipment.
- Several years' experience of data verification and reporting under the supervision of senior departmental members.
- Experience of training and developing others in routine laboratory techniques performed as part of their day to day role.
- Experience of lab stock control and ordering materials / consumables would be advantageous but not essential.