- Demonstrate and promote a positive, professional SHE culture in all interactions with employees, customers, contractors & visitors to ensure that everyone is aware of their personal responsibilities to maintain the safety & wellbeing of themselves, their colleagues, the environment around them and thus the business.
- Be a leader and manager of assigned personnel within the SHE function taking overall responsibility for their supervision, development, welfare and overall effectiveness
- Behave lead SHE contact for the operated sites in their areas of responsibility to ensure that sites view relationships with SHE team as value adding.
- Work with the sites management teams to establish and deliver annual SHE improvement plans, targets.
- Ensure sites are adequately supported by themselves & SHE advisors in terms of
- Carrying out SHE training
- Completing appropriate audit activities
- Supporting relevant incident investigations
- Helping to complete Zero & Competent Authority (CA) actions
- SHE Communications
- Support all sites in their assigned areas of functional SHE support, e.g. COSHH, Fire, SWP, Noise etc.
- Act as focal points of professional SHE expertise on agreed topics to ensure compliance with current and future legal requirements
- To ensure that any changes in the above areas are reviewed, with practical guidance provided and communicated appropriately.
- To champion continuous SHE improvement by undertaking agreed audits, surveys and other monitoring processes to the required standards and timeframes of safety initiatives and programmes, accidents, incidents and reports. To monitor the effectiveness of these standards by reviewing and putting in place any action points and/or improvements.
- To devise, implement and present required SHE training and learning events for all employees and as required, contractors.
- To provide appropriate guidance and support for major SHE incidents within the business.
- As required, to undertake assigned projects and investigations, providing realistic recommendations in line with legislative and business requirements.
The client is an integrated infrastructure and Operator solutions business, with over 25 years of experience. Providing innovative operations management, engineering services and energy management solutions to partners in high hazard, highly regulated industries. The focus is improving operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities, with zero harm to people, environment asset and reputation. We do this by focusing on three key delivery areas: Operations & Maintenance, Engineering Services and Energy Trading.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced SHE Manager, reporting to the Director of Safety & Risk Management. The role will be based at our Stockton Office and with regular UK wide travel to support your assigned business sites. The SHE Manager will provide the Group's sites with HSE functional support in line with business & legislative requirements to ensure the companies' overall SHE philosophy, strategy & action plans are implemented effectively and successfully across he companies operated sites.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent SHE qualification and a HNC engineering qualification or equivalent.
- Operational contributions in a high hazard industry - energy, oil, gas or hydrocarbon process.
- Safe working procedure, system and process knowledge, development, application & compliance.
- Guidance, coaching and support to managers and employees on all SHE related matters.
- Interaction with competent authorities and associated documentation requirements.
- Report writing, auditing, training, surveying, event and incident investigation.
- Line management, mentoring & development.
- Health and Safety at Work Act Regulations
- Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations
- Process Safety
- Microsoft word, excel, power-point & email.