Purpose of the Job
Ensure that Company and legal Health, safety, sustainability and environmental policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to in order to create a positive working environment for employees
Key Deliverable Areas
- Develop policies & procedures to improve the working environment leading to less accidents or dangerous occurrences
- Co-ordinate responses to employer's liability claims to ensure that the Company's best interests are protected.
- Conduct or co-ordinate audits and inspections and recommend actions to improve the safety and environmental impact of the workplace.
- Ensure the sites risk assessment programme is fully maintained
- Plan & promote health, safety, sustainability and environmental training for managers, team leaders and employees.
- Advise managers and team leaders on good practice in the workplace in relation to matters of HSE.
- Co-ordinate visits and meetings with Health & Safety Executive or similar statutory bodies to promote the best interests of the Sites.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements in terms of the reporting of incidents, illnesses and dangerous occurrences and following up to prevent repetition.
- Develop annual plans for HSE activity.
- To investigate all ESH issues to a satisfactory conclusion
- To carry out all responsibilities and practices with the aim of producing food safely and to required internal & external specifications within a HACCP framework
- Number of Near Misses
- Number of LTA's
- Sustainability targets
- Environmental targets
Knowledge Experience & Skills
- Comprehensive experience of working in a health & safety role ideally in a factory environment
- Reports to Plant Manager
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Manages a Health & Safety budget of £20,000 - No direct reports