Russell Taylor Group are recruiting for a HSSE Manager to lead and develop Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies, strategies and improvement action plans to deliver the highest level of performance in these areas. Reporting to the COO and Site Leadership team, you will facilitate the common understanding and challenges in HSSE and contribute to the definition of strategy for the site. You will be a member of the Site Leadership Team and the Extended Leadership Team, member of the Site Leadership Forum, member of the Business Partners' HSE Forum, and will also lead a significant team of HSSE professionals.
You will manage a portfolio of HSSE for a complex petrochemical manufacturing complex and refinery (COMAH site) and London based employees.
- Legal requirements; information management and document control
- Hazard identification and Risk Assessment
- Learning from Incidents
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Product Safety and Sustainability
- Occupational Health and Fitness for Work
- Environmental and Sustainability Management
- Action management
- Process Safety; Personal Safety; Fire and Security; Occupational Hygiene; Environmental and related Management Systems.
- To lead and coach a team of Process Safety, Personal Safety, Fire and Security, Occupational Hygiene and Environmental professionals to deliver best in class and cost effective HSSE services.
- To raise the capability of the workforce to reduce HSSE risks, inclusive of major accident hazard scenarios to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
- To ensure compliance with the Group and regulatory requirements for HSSE.
- To maintain appropriate contacts and ensure working relations with regulatory and industry bodies.
- To ensure effective co-ordination of discussions and negotiations with the regulatory authorities.
- To develop and coach own staff to ensure the requisite skills and competencies are maintained.
- As a member of the Leadership team take ownership, at a Site level, for the development and implementation of HSSE Governance and facilitate the associated assurance activities.
- To take ownership of site safety rules, including Life Saving Rules, providing advice on implementation and consequence management.
- To ensure the HSE MS, COMAH Safety Reports, Hazardous Substance Consents and Environmental Permit authorisations, are up to date and effective.
- Ensure the ISO 14001 registration is maintained and used to drive continuous improvements.
- To co-ordinate incident investigations for HSSE incidents using Causal Learning techniques and human factors where appropriate.
- To ensure that Site Emergency Plans are in place and competency is assured through training exercises, both internal and jointly with relevant agencies and local government organisations.
- Provide training packages and, when appropriate, delivery of training to site on HSSE related topics at all levels of the organisation
- Duty rota cover as the Site Management Team representative (Crisis Manager) as per the Site emergency / crisis plans.
- Science or Engineering Degree
- NEBOSH or Advanced Process Safety Qualification
- Extensive relevant experience in a top-tier COMAH manufacturing environment
- Previous managerial/leadership experience and clearly demonstrated management of multi-disciplinary teams and informal networks
- Experience in interpreting the requirements of UK regulations regarding Health, Safety and Environmental with emphasis on COMAH and Environmental Permitting
- Experience in working cross industry/regulatory forums
- Experience in leading change
If you would like to discuss further then please contact Anna on 0151 304 7034 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Russell Taylor Group is acting as an Employment Agency and has full authority to advertise this position.