We are currently recruiting a HV Maintenance Service Engineer maintaining HV electrical equipment including Indoor and outdoor Switchgear, Transformers, cooling systems, Earth Switches, Disconnectors and all relevant equipment in a Switch Yard or Switch Room
The HV Service Engineer will be working on maintenance contracts in England & Wales, therefore ideal with easy access to Motorways. The successful candidate should also have knowledge of site safety systems including Risk assessments and Method Statements.
- Attend outages at various customer premises (predominately Power Stations, Waste to Energy Plants, Solar Farm, Wind Farms) maintaining Transformer, Indoor and outdoor Switchgear, Cooling Systems, Earth Switches, Disconnectors, and all relevant equipment in a Switch Yard or Switch Room.
- Type(s) of work - Mainly working on large Power Stations, DNO's and smaller customer sites servicing HV equipment
- The main duties will be to take responsibility for the customers HV equipment aligned with customer SAP/AP's who would make dea, take permits to meet customer needs and contractual responsibilities.
- Ability to undertake hands on maintenance activities and manage small remedial / project works in remote locations.
- Good SHE awareness and positive attitude to safety culture,
- Self-starter and able to work on own and with others, ensuring safe working practices
- Flexible approach to travel and staying away when necessary
You will have:
- Experience in either HV Switchgear or Transformers
- HNC OR C&G in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering - Desirable
- Knowledge of all kinds of Switchgear, SF6, Vacuum, Oil, Air etc. ranging from 400kv down to 400v
- Knowledge of maintaining all sizes and type of transformer including, Tap Changers, oil temperature indicators, Pressure Relief devices, Bushing changes
- Knowledge of all relevant Switch Yard equipment - Desirable
- National Grid Authorised Peron - Desirable
- Clean UK Driving license
- Experience with report writing would be an advantage
One of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded 100 years ago, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward-thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we'll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.
Service Engineer can be based anywhere just not remote locations, as they will be travelling UK wide. Company currently employ people in S.Wales, Reading, Doncaster.
Mainly power stations on MV/HV Switchgear 1,200v to 400kV - maybe some transformer knowledge
Working in teams of up to 15/16 people - works from home and get paid for travelling.
Mainly service and maintain work - take out/replace circuit breakers - broad knowledge needed
Will stay away majority of time - Monday -Friday maybe 3 weeks at a time